Message to Republicans (not to be confused with conservatives): Do Not Screw Up America
- Republicans took control of all 3 branches of Government with unemployment at 4.9%
- Republicans took control of all 3 branches of Government with the stock market at record highs
- Republicans took control of all 3 branches of Government with 81 straight months of private sector job growth
- All of the above happened in the face of your constant obstruction and unwillingness to work with Democrats
- Republicans first legislative act in 2017 was to try and get rid of the independent ethics office that keeps tabs on Congress. Yep, let's drain the swamp.
- Republicans are currently (Jan 2017) passing legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act that...
- Insures more than 20 million Americans that would otherwise not have insurance
- Allows people with pre-existing conditions the ability to buy insurance. An estimated 53 million Americans have pre-existing conditions
- Removes lifetime caps for people with pre-existing conditions
- Among other things
- Republicans have no plan to replace the Affordable Care Act
- 8 years ago Republicans controlled the Senate and the Executive branch and they turned over the country to the Democrats...
- With an 8% unemployment rate
- With the private sector losing 800,000 jobs a month
- With the housing and financial markets on the brink of collapse
- Involving us in 2 wars, one they got us into under false pretenses
- With an out of control national deficit due to tax breaks that largely went to the top 10%
- Not only did Republicans not assist in helping to fix the economic calamity that their policies largely created...
- The minority leader, Mitch McConnell, stated for the cameras that their #1 goal was to make Obama a one term president. Hmmmm, after turing over a government and country on the brink of collape. Thanks Mitch for being such a patriot.
- They would not even show the moral clarity to standup for President Obama when their constituents were claiming he was a Muslim.
- They would not even show the moral clarity to standup for President Obama when their constituents and a conspiracy theorist named Donald Trump were claiming he was not born in America.
- Republican leaders, Fake Fox News and dirtbag un-American milionaires like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Anne Colter, Bill O'Rielly and a cast of others were claiming that the Offordable Care Act would kill your grandmother. Now, with what they are doing people are going to die for real.
- Making wackjob claims about FEMA death camps
- Fighting tooth and nail the stimulus package absurdly claiming that government has never created a job. (The stimulus kicked off 81 months of private sector job growth.)
If you are a die hard Republican you will be getting screwed like the rest of us by the actions of your party. You would be wise to wakeup. But know this, the majority of us are now awake...
Trump did not win by a landslide. His victory ranked 46th out of 58. He lost the popular vote by close to 3 million votes. He won because he took 3 states by a grand total of 80,000 votes. You are asking Independents and Democrats to come together with Republicans after 8 years of obstructionism. I don't think so. You have control of the government. DO NOT screw things up.
For those of you with any sense of reason prepare for the worst. These folks have no clue how to govern, and unfortunately they now get to demonstrate this to us at our expense.
Trump Is an Illegitimate President, and very likely a crook of the magnitude that will make Nixon/Agnew and all his minions, 40 whom were indicted and/or went to jail look like Mother Teresa.
Saddle up my fellow Americans, hold on and be prepared for the wildest ride in American history since the civil war. Hopefully we make it to the other side with our nation still a Democracy and not in financial ruins.